Presentations / Recent Results / News
DAVIS WANG PROMOTES MICHELLE YOUNKIN TO MANAGING ATTORNEY
October 24th, 2019
Davis Wang, PLC, a woman and minority-owned full-service employment law and complex litigation firm, is pleased to announce that Michelle Younkin has been promoted to Managing Attorney.
As Managing Attorney, Ms. Younkin oversees all aspects of the Firm’s operations and, with Founder Shirley Wang, is responsible for facilitating client relationships, devising and implementing litigation strategies and providing high-level strategic advice. Ms. Younkin plays an active role in the recruitment and professional development of the Firm’s attorneys and staff and leads the Firm’s diversity, inclusion and values-based initiatives.
In addition to her management responsibilities for the Firm and the Firm’s clients, Ms. Younkin also litigates complex cases. Her current practice focuses on the defense of class and collective actions, including wage and hour claims, and discrimination claims brought under federal and state employment and fair housing statutes. She advises private and public companies and non-profit organizations, along with their boards, on best practices for compliance with wage and hour laws, the prevention of workplace discrimination and harassment, and the prevention of workplace violence.
“Michelle is an excellent attorney, and a creative, strategic thinker. Her two decades of legal practice combined with her past experience as an entrepreneur give her a distinctive perspective on the issues facing our clients. Michelle solves problems without known solutions, and I am excited that Michelle will join me in leading the growth of the firm,” says Shirley Wang, the Founder of Davis Wang.
Prior to beginning her employment law practice, Ms. Younkin litigated antitrust and unfair business practices matters in the main office of an international law firm based in San Francisco. Her later role as Founder of a boutique e-discovery company, informs her practical, business-oriented approach to litigation and trial strategy. Ms. Younkin earned her law degree from the University of California Hastings College of the Law, and her undergraduate degree in English and Psychology, summa cum laude, from Kenyon College.
DAVIS WANG WELCOMES ADDITION OF SENIOR COUNSEL HANNIBAL P. ODISHO
October 7th, 2019
Davis Wang, PLC, a woman and minority-owned full-service employment law and complex litigation firm, is pleased to announce the addition of Hannibal P. Odisho as its Senior Counsel.
Mr. Odisho joins Davis Wang with a decade of employment law experience representing companies, governmental employers, and non-profit organizations in all phases of employment law litigation, including wage and hour disputes, employment whistleblower claims, and employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases...Read More
Best Practices for Conducting Internal Workplace Investigations—Tips From the Trenches, 15th Annual National Association of Dealer Counsel
April 29, 2019, Dana Point, CA.
Shirley Wang on panel of speakers.
Navigating Compliance and Litigation Landmines of CA Wage and Hour Laws
May 14, 2019, Alameda County’s California Employer Advisory Council, Fremont, CA.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (First Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following a favorable jury verdict for a home care services provider and individually-named defendants on a complex personal injury matter.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (Fourth Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following dismissal from a successful demurrer and motion to strike obtained on an employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation matter on behalf of the nation’s largest public school employees’ labor union.
- Obtained favorable settlement prior to class certification on a class and Private Attorney General Act action complaint relating to a novel pay averaging theory of unpaid wages claims, along with other pay stub and meal and rest period claims involving service technicians for nationwide specialty services cleaning company.
- Obtained a dismissal from the federal court of the Northern District of California for a nationwide non-profit affordable housing provider relating to a civil rights/habitability matter.
- Obtained a dismissal of class claims from the Los Angeles County Superior Court prior to the commencement of discovery in a wage and hour class action alleging unpaid wages for off-the-clock work, missed meal and rest periods, unreimbursed business expenses, among other claims on behalf of a nationwide specialty cleaning services company.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal following submission of a Motion for Summary Judgment on behalf of a nonprofit private club in a breach of contract matter.
- Obtained quick voluntary dismissal of a breach of privacy lawsuit filed in San Diego County Superior court prior to filing a responsive pleading for a nationwide car dealership.
- Successfully obtained voluntary dismissal of unpaid wages lawsuit involving an auto service technician paid on piece-rate