DAVIS WANG WELCOMES ADDITION OF SENIOR COUNSEL HANNIBAL P. ODISHO
Davis Wang, PLC, a woman and minority-owned full-service employment law and complex litigation firm, is pleased to announce the addition of Hannibal P. Odisho as its Senior Counsel.
Mr. Odisho joins Davis Wang with a decade of employment law experience representing companies, governmental employers, and non-profit organizations in all phases of employment law litigation, including wage and hour disputes, employment whistleblower claims, and employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation cases. Mr. Odisho also has extensive experience providing employment advice and counseling on issues involving employee classification, leave management, disability accommodations, employee handbooks and policies, employee discipline, wage and hour compliance, and employer policies and handbooks.
“Hannibal’s depth of experience and understanding of business and operational needs across a wide spectrum of clients make him a great addition to our growing team of employment lawyers,” says Shirley Wang, the Founder of Davis Wang.
Prior to beginning his employment law practice, Mr. Odisho worked in production management at DreamWorks Animation and in the tech startup field for such companies as Hotmail. Mr. Odisho earned his law degree from the Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law and his undergraduate degree in Political Science from the University of California, Berkeley.
2019 Employment Laws Updates
2018 Employment Laws Updates
2017 Employment Laws Updates
Best Practices for Conducting Internal Workplace Investigations—Tips From the Trenches, 15th Annual National Association of Dealer Counsel
April 29, 2019, Dana Point, CA.
Shirley Wang on panel of speakers.
Navigating Compliance and Litigation Landmines of CA Wage and Hour Laws
May 14, 2019, Alameda County’s California Employer Advisory Council, Fremont, CA.
Shirley Wang and Courtney Rogerson on panel of speakers.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (First Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following a favorable jury verdict for a home care services provider and individually-named defendants on a complex personal injury matter.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (Fourth Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following dismissal from a successful demurrer and motion to strike obtained on an employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation matter on behalf of the nation’s largest public school employees’ labor union.
- Obtained favorable settlement prior to class certification on a class and Private Attorney General Act action complaint relating to a novel pay averaging theory of unpaid wages claims, along with other pay stub and meal and rest period claims involving service technicians for nationwide specialty services cleaning company.
- Obtained a dismissal from the federal court of the Northern District of California for a nationwide non-profit affordable housing provider relating to a civil rights/habitability matter.
- Obtained a dismissal of class claims from the Los Angeles County Superior Court prior to the commencement of discovery in a wage and hour class action alleging unpaid wages for off-the-clock work, missed meal and rest periods, unreimbursed business expenses, among other claims on behalf of a nationwide specialty cleaning services company.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal following submission of a Motion for Summary Judgment on behalf of a nonprofit private club in a breach of contract matter.
- Obtained quick voluntary dismissal of a breach of privacy lawsuit filed in San Diego County Superior court prior to filing a responsive pleading for a nationwide car dealership.
- Successfully obtained voluntary dismissal of unpaid wages lawsuit involving an auto service technician paid on piece-rate