Best Practices for Conducting Internal Workplace Investigations—Tips From the Trenches, 15th Annual National Association of Dealer Counsel
April 29, 2019, Dana Point, CA.
Shirley Wang on panel of speakers.
Navigating Compliance and Litigation Landmines of CA Wage and Hour Laws
May 14, 2019, Alameda County’s California Employer Advisory Council, Fremont, CA.
Shirley Wang and Courtney Rogerson on panel of speakers.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (First Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following a favorable jury verdict for a home care services provider and individually-named defendants on a complex personal injury matter.
- Successfully briefed, argued, and obtained from the California Court of Appeal (Fourth Appellate District) an affirmance of judgment following dismissal from a successful demurrer and motion to strike obtained on an employment discrimination, harassment, and retaliation matter on behalf of the nation’s largest public school employees’ labor union.
- Obtained favorable settlement prior to class certification on a class and Private Attorney General Act action complaint relating to a novel pay averaging theory of unpaid wages claims, along with other pay stub and meal and rest period claims involving service technicians for nationwide specialty services cleaning company.
- Obtained a dismissal from the federal court of the Northern District of California for a nationwide non-profit affordable housing provider relating to a civil rights/habitability matter.
- Obtained a dismissal of class claims from the Los Angeles County Superior Court prior to the commencement of discovery in a wage and hour class action alleging unpaid wages for off-the-clock work, missed meal and rest periods, unreimbursed business expenses, among other claims on behalf of a nationwide specialty cleaning services company.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal following submission of a Motion for Summary Judgment on behalf of a nonprofit private club in a breach of contract matter.
- Obtained quick voluntary dismissal of a breach of privacy lawsuit filed in San Diego County Superior court prior to filing a responsive pleading for a nationwide car dealership.
- Successfully obtained voluntary dismissal of unpaid wages lawsuit involving an auto service technician paid on piece-rate
2017 Employment Laws
2018 Employment Laws
2019 Employment Laws